Cooking Time: 17 Minutes
Broccoli Salad :
4 cups fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
½ cup red onion, chopped
⅓ cup raisins or dried cherries
¾ cup sliced almonds
½ cup Asian-style salad dressing
4 ounces extra firm tofu
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Place several folded paper towels on a plate and set tofu on top. Cover tofu with another folded paper
towel, put another plate on top, and add heavy items such as canned goods to weigh it down. Press tofu for 30 minutes.
2. While tofu is draining, combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss together well, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
3. Cut the tofu into small cubes, about ¼-inch thick. Sprinkle the cubes top and bottom with the paprika,
onion powder, and salt.
4. Place cornstarch in small plastic bag, add tofu, and shake until cubes are well coated.
5. Place olive oil in another small plastic bag, add coated tofu, and shake to coat well.
6. Cook at 330°F for 17 minutes or until as crispy as you like.
7. To serve, stir chilled salad well, divide among 4 plates, and top with fried tofu