Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
½ cup + 2 tablespoons sherry or Madeira wine, divided
1 pound boneless country-style pork ribs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Chinese 5-spice powder
¼ cup blackberry preserves
¼ cup hoisin sauce*
1 clove garlic, minced
1 generous tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 scallions, chopped
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1. Preheat the air fryer to 330°F and pour ½ cup of the sherry into the bottom of the air fryer drawer.
2. Season the ribs with salt, pepper and the 5-spice powder.
3. Air-fry the ribs at 330°F for 20 minutes, turning them over halfway through the cooking time.
4. While the ribs are cooking, make the sauce. Combine the remaining sherry, blackberry preserves, hoisin sauce, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer on the stovetop for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens.
4. When the time is up on the air fryer, turn the ribs over, pour a little sauce on the ribs and air-fry for
another 10 minutes at 330°F. Turn the ribs over again, pour on more of the sauce and air-fry at 330°F for a final 10 minutes.
5. Let the ribs rest for at least 5 minutes before serving them warm with a little more glaze brushed on and the scallions and sesame seeds sprinkled on top