Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons salt, divided
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ cup milk
¼ cup warm water
½ pound lean ground beef
One 14.5-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded lettuce
¼ cup black olives, chopped
1 Roma tomato, diced
1 avocado, diced
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and baking powder. Make a well in the
center and add in the milk and water. Form a ball and gently knead the dough four times. Cover the bowl
with a damp towel, and set aside.
2. Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, beans, and taco seasoning. Crumble the meat mixture into the air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes; toss the meat and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked fully. Place the cooked meat in a bowl for taco assembly; season with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt as desired.
4. On a floured surface, place the dough. Cut the dough into 4 equal parts. Using a rolling pin, roll out each piece of dough to 5 inches in diameter. Spray the dough with cooking spray and place in the air fryer basket, working in batches as needed. Cook for 3 minutes, flip over, spray with cooking spray, and cook for an additional 1 to 3 minutes, until golden and puffy.
5. To assemble, place the fry breads on a serving platter. Equally divide the meat and bean mixture on top of the fry bread. Divide the cheese, lettuce, olives, tomatoes, and avocado among the four tacos. Squeeze lime over the top prior to serving