Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
1 pound Lean ground beef
½ teaspoon Ground cumin
½ teaspoon Onion powder
½ teaspoon Ground dried turmeric
½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon Table salt
Up to a ⅛ teaspoon Cayenne
8 3½- to 4-inch-long cinnamon sticks (see the headnote)
Vegetable oil spray
1. Preheat the air fryer to 375°F .
2. Gently mix the ground beef, cumin, onion powder, turmeric, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne in a bowl until the meat is evenly mixed with the spices. (Clean, dry hands work best!) Divide this mixture into 2-ounce portions, each about the size of a golf ball.
3. Wrap one portion of the meat mixture around a cinnamon stick, using about three-quarters of the length of the stick, covering one end but leaving a little “handle” of cinnamon stick protruding from the other end. Set aside and continue making more kofta skewers.
4. Generously coat the formed kofta skewers on all sides with vegetable oil spray. Set them in the basket
with as much air space between them as possible. Air-fry undisturbed for 13 minutes, or until browned
and cooked through. If the machine is at 360°F, you may need to add 2 minutes to the cooking time.
5. Use a nonstick-safe spatula, and perhaps kitchen tongs for balance, to gently transfer the kofta skewers to a wire rack. Cool for at least 5 minutes or up to 20 minutes before serving